Kind Designs

Kind Designs
Fabulous fingerplates

Monday 30 January 2012

Where has the time gone? It's now a day away from February and I promised myself I'd post on this blog more regularly. A New Year's resolution already broken!
Anyway, here I am so let's update on what's been going on recently. The first amazing piece of news is that Kind Designs fingerplates are now stocked on another door furniture website, with another one hopefully signed up soon. How brilliant! People are loving them like we are! Retailers and customers alike are realising that they are totally unique and bespoke, and getting them out into the wider marketplace is inspiring!


The other weekend we had a freezing cold walk by the sea - one of those red nose, 'can't feel my hands or feet' brushes with Mother Nature! We then warmed up with a visit to the beachside cafe -  tea for the adults and ice-cream for the children - naturally!


Kitchen update: after a nightmare with our new slate floor and sealing issues, the units are now coming in and we're fitting them very slowly every evening! To be frank, nothing is actually fitted as yet - they are simply spread out all over the room, but I'm sure the jigsaw will fit together eventually.
I found a glorious wooden dresser-style cupboard at auction last year which we've had stripped. Due to its age and fragile joints (I know how it feels!), it is now in many pieces in the workshop requiring rebuilding. But I'm sure my vast collections of vintage china will look good in it - eventually!
We plumped for a Fired Earth National Trust colour in the end - Crom Fog - which works really well as it's such a light room. And the subtle silver hue reminds me of my wedding dress! Not that I'll ever wear that in the kitchen! But if I did, I would blend in fabulously!
I've heard that snow is heading our way this weekend. How soon can I start panic-buying chocolate?!

No comments:

Post a Comment